Thursday, June 11, 2009

remembering

yesterday I posted a blog about my sincere distain for Carrie Prejean and her apparent lack of integrity. I am not recanting what I said - I still whole heartly believe it - however, I was reminded last night of something.



While Carrie's actions irritate me, we're in the same boat. I have said things and done things to people in my past that have hurt them and hurt God.



Look, there's no such thing as a perfect christian or a perfect church. Over the past several years I have heard numberous friends say, well, I'm not going to act like so and so. Or they're a bad Christian. Or how stupid could blah, blah, blah. And sometimes I'll say, "but that's us". basically, we're just as jacked up as whoever we were talking about. Last night I forgot who I was for a second.



Me and Carrie, we're in the same boat. I may not like some of her actions, but I need just as much mercy and forgiveness from Jesus as she does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree, but what gets under my skin is when people stand behind her because of the issue she took a stand on. People that may not know her as a person, but pony up just because she took a stand against this certain controversial issue. I dont think its fair that she is attacked, but i think that the people that i have heard speak out in support of her or using her in ads are just attacking back inappropriately. Thanks for your humanity m and your compassion. That is what makes you wonderful, your big heart. :)

workinprogress said...

and my boobs. don't forget my big boobs.

yeah, I still get totally irratated at the same stuff as you... sigh.