Thursday, January 29, 2009

updates

I can't remember if I've posted updates about my grandparents before or not.

basically, my grandma johnson had an incident back in April, ended up with blood and air bubbles on the brain, spent 2 weeks in the hospital, about 4 months in a rehab center, and lost the ability to walk and a chunk of her memory. Eventually was able to walk again (with a walker, which she's had for a couple of years) and got to go home. She's had some stints in the hospital since, most recently the week before Christmas when she devolped congestive heart failure and pnymonia. She came home from the hospital on Christmas Eve around 3 or 4pm and fell in the bathroom around 9:30 or 9:45pm. Broke her hip, and eventually had surgery later that week. She spent another week or two in the hospital and then was moved back to the same rehab center she spent so much time in past year. Then the rehab center came down with a nasty virus. A chunk of the patients got it. We thought my grandpa got it after visiting grandpa. he spent quite a bit of time in the hospital. Turns out, his pancreatitis had flaired up again. Eventually he got moved to the same rehab center/room as my grandma.
We were finally able to have our 'Johnson Family Christmas' last Saturday at the rehab center. Grandma was super tired. Apparently, she slept all of the time. Anyway, long story longer... she now has an infection from her hip surgery (only happens in 1% of patients) and possibly a urinary tract infection. She's having surgery to correct the infection tomorrow around 1pm. Meanwhile, while Grandma is recovering in the hospital, Grandpa will still be living in the rehab center. no fun.

Anywhoo, so that's that. Oh, and I puked up a scab in my throat today at work. gag. gag.

My phone crapped out today. So I went to at&t and begged them for a new phone. I got one for free. I like it a lot. It reminds me if a Storm Trooper carried a phone, my phone is what one Storm Trooper would carry. Or if a Storm Trooper was destroyed and turned into a phone, they would be my phone. Oh yeah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tmi on the scab puke part........i think i just threw up a little typing it! UGH :)