Tuesday, January 13, 2009

whiny me

so I had my tonsils out yesterday morning. I had convinced myself that I wouldn't be in so much pain. i was wrong.

I couldn't even walk myself to the bathroom or sit down or stand up by myself yesterday. My hand hurt like no other from where they pu the iv in. I still can't talk. My tongue is so swollen it covers my entire mouth. Everything in the back of my mouth is covered in gray nastiness. My uveala is as large as what my tonsils used to be. Swallowing is so freakin hard. like, I grab a pillow or the couch when I swallow. omg.

Oh, and Isaac has been sick for a while. He went to Walgreens to see the Nurse Practioner (he heard about that from Donna Hern and Joe Boyd - thanks) and he has a viral sinus infection.

Btw - he's been a FANTASTIC supporter. He and Dad fed my ice chips and held my hand when I couldn't do anything yesterday. Isaac's gotten me everything I need and never complained once. He's a wonderful husband. He's listened every time I try and force a word out. Which is really hard, considering I can only do like one word and hour and it's gargly.

Aside from my husband being so great, he also also makes really great ice chips in our new blender. And he feeds me medicine. And I've gotten to watch Star Wars and tons of Law and Order SVU. That's all I can do. Lay on the couch and watch tv and eat ice chips and watch the food channel. The good thing is that I'm not nauseated, so everything makes me hungry. Cheeseburgers, pizza, spaghetti. I've eaten a Popsicle this morning and some strawberry freeze that my mom made. And lots of ice chips. I love ice chips now. Maybe this will be the start of a great diet? ha. Even 2 lbs loss would be great. It's just my tongue is freakin swollen. I can't eat anything hot or swallow much. But this should still be worth it if I quit getting infections : )

I'm pooped myself out. I'm going to eat more ice chips watch some more SVU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better!!

ylmurph said...

I sure hope Annie doesn't read this...

and do you really have to talk about your uvula?

abbi said...

i had 'em out at 18 and it was horrible. i can't imagine being even older. it was a week before i could do anything other than ice water! michael took me out for dinner and a movie after that week of being stuck in bed and it took me an hour to eat 1/2 a whopper and 1/2 my fries! i'm praying you get better sooner than later!