Saturday, January 3, 2009

Upgrade

hmm, things that have taken place in my life lately...

* my Grandma Johnson fell on Christmas Eve and broke her hip. Ended up having surgery and is now in the same rehab center she spent most of the summer in. The whole ordeal was much more dramatic than what I just wrote, but I'm kinda too lazy to write about it all.

* The {re}gifter came and went. It wasn't like what I did was super important or anything, but I was really, really proud to be a part of such of an amazing experience. One of the highlights of my year.

* Isaac and I got a Wii for Christmas from my in-laws. Holy cow.

* Bought a tv off of some friends. Killer deal. Took Isaac and John almost 45 minutes to carry it in the apartment. I think it must weigh close to 400lbs. They're strong guys. btw - I freaking love the tv.

* Joined a small group. I'm excited to see where this will lead.

* Broke my phone. Super glued my phone back together. Oh glory. Then I broke my phone again. Superglued my phone 3x. Accidently superglued my phone shut. Pulled it apart with a knife. Ordered a $209.00 refurb phone for FREE. GLORY.

* Spent Tuesday evening with the Boyds and Dochertys at the Dochertys. I love both of these families. I did something weird to a muscle in my chest that caused great pain if I moved a certain way or laughed. Everyone was very funny that evening. I hurt really bad by the end of the night. I also got a birthday cake with a giant candle stuck in the middle. Good times.

* Ate Chipotle with Isaac on Wednesday for my birthday. While looking for movies for some project at church, we accidently walked into an adult video store. Won't do that again. Then we rang in the new year with the Murphys and Boyds and someone named Buddha. Annie made an amazing pumkin cake. Lucky, lucky me.

* Read a hysterical story on a one legged lady who stabbed her boyfriend in the leg and then, and I quote, "Ran away on foot."

* Spent New Years sleeping in, watching movies, and eating at Outback Steakhouse.

* My boss let me off early on Friday and I spent 2 1/2 hrs at Chik fil a with Jess. I love that woman. Deep conversations over Christian Chicken. Can it get any better than this?

* Hung out with my brother this weekend and went to church tonight. Joe was really funny and I laughed alot. Especially when he said in all seriousness, "Then I nailed the screw in". omg. I laughed forever. Debbie was cracking up. Then it got all serious. Stupid conviction. Stupid churches that don't take the easy route. I hate feeling uncomfortable.

* Oh, and I'm having surgery on the 12th to have my tonsils removed. They're large and can become uncomfortable at times and my doctor thinks they're full of infection and that's why I get sick a lot. So let's get those puppies out! I'll be off of work for a week. And I can't lift anything for like 2 weeks. Grunting is bad. Apparently, I do not want to grunt for 2 weeks. In the past few days I started thinking of all of the things I won't be able to do for 2 weeks because of grunting. And then I thought, what if I can't poop? What if I become constinpated and I really, really need that last push. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!?!?! I can't not poop for 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Christopher Day said...

I actually LOL'd at the cell phone part. And I never really LOL while blog reading.

Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for making me laugh. Thanks for doing my make-up. Just thanks!

John Arns said...

The grunting part made me LOL. One word of advice, Jen: METAMUCIL
It works every time.

btw - happy belated birthday

Anonymous said...

instead of grunting, take care of it like a mathematician would.

Work it out with a pencil.