Monday, December 22, 2008

"And now they're going to get a horse collar call....blah, blah, blah and win the game!!!!" - Isaac

Watching the Chicago Bears fighting for a chance to be in the playoffs evokes great emotion from my husband. And what the crap is a horse collar? I'm guessing grabbing the back of the jersey? I have no idea.

There's been several disburbing things happen within the community of Christ lately. It's like a heavy cloud. A thick fog perhaps is setting in. At least that's the image I get. Ususally I think those things is when God is moving and Satan gets nervous. I don't understand any of it. I wish I did. But no matter how cheesey it may sound, the one thing I do believe is that there is HOPE. There's a way out. Like we've learned from the Salvage series, our lives can be Restored, Recycled, Recovered and Released. God'll take that crap and turn it into treasure. Maybe this week has just been a reminder that we live in an imperfect world and that's why we need a perfect Saviour.

On a personal note, please pray for may Grandma Johnson. She's been in and out of the hospital since April and is now back in. After several days of debating, the doctors have apparently decided that she does in fact have congestive heart failure. Which apparently sounds a lot scarier than it is. But they also think she might have pnomonia in her right lung as well. Regardless, she's on oxygen and might go home on Christmas Eve or Christmas. She's 89. Honestly, after all she's gone thru, I'm surprised she's still here. No one in my family seems worried too much about this latest bout, but with the weirdness of this past week, I figure a little prayer or two couldn't hurt.

The {re}gifter has been going so well. 2 days down, one more to go. I'm so proud of everyone who's worked on this crew. They're all so talented. It's been really cool working with them. I hope I have the opportunity to do it again. Soon.

"Where's the horse collar? That was a horse collar..." Isaac. Oh, the ref just called it an illegal horse collar. 15 yd penalty. Is there such a thing as a legal horse collar? And I think I was right about the jersey thing. Ohhhh, I'm wicked smart.

No comments: