Monday, January 19, 2009

Who Let the Tonsils Out? Who? Who? Who? Who? Who?

So I went to the doctor today as a follow-up from my tonsillectomy. It was kinda painful when he looked in my mouth. Apparently, I'm not supposed to talk on the phone continuelessly (like, you know, what I do for a living) for the rest of the week. He wrote me a note. I'm sure work will be thrilled. Not.

The doctor did mention that everything looked good so far and the best way for me heal is to keep swallowing and eating. Honestly, I haven't been that hungry and it takes me forever to eat when I do. But tonight Isaac fixed me mac shells and cheese and I ate it! I chewed the heck out of it, but I managed. Yeah!

Oh, and he said they weighed my tonsils after the surgury. Apparently, that's procedure? Anyway, anything 10 grams and over is a pretty dang heavy set of tonsils. My were 12 point something. Live large my friends. Live large.

I left work today at 11am because apparently today was a volunteer day. I didn't know that until I got to work. hmmm. Anyway, I started falling asleep and the pain flushed thru a bit, so I figured that it was time to leave. Eventually, I went home after work and the doctors and fell asleep for 2 hours. It'll be pretty interesting to see how the rest of the week goes. I'm trying to take it easy. Honestly, I just didn't think it would so difficult! Boy was I wrong.

On a happier note, Isaac seems to be feeling better! Yeah! Hopefully, the nasty sinus infection has run it's course. And it won't come running to me. haha.

Alright, I'm going to get off of here and finish August Rush. Isaac's been watching it for a while and I've been watching while typing.

3 comments:

Christopher Day said...

I love August Rush! But I'm sappy like that. Great soundtrack.

Anonymous said...

I love the title of this post! I hope you get to feeling better.

Teresa said...

Hey it's me, Teresa, I'm glad you're feeling better.