Friday, July 23, 2010

restoration

Last week at work, some of my co-workers threw a party in honor of two residents rekindling their friendship. It had been marred in the past by hurtful comments and missteps, but thru the guidance of a few staff, the resident’s friendship is in the process of being restored. So the community rejoiced and there was a party. It was chop full of bad karaoke, dancing and of course, cornhole, but it was so much fun. I went home from work that night happy.

I have to believe our Heavenly Dad is in the process of restoring broken messed up relationships. That’s He’s probably not too grand on the concept of us staying put in our self-indulged ideals and tattered hearts. I mean really, the Bible is basically one tangled web of stories about a messy dance between the Creator and the Created – with the latter constantly stepping on toes as we very desperately try to take the lead. And for as many stories there are of broken, messed up individuals, there’s just as many of God the healer, the restorer, the rescuer. He’s a jealous God. Maybe that’s why he fights so hard for the restoration of his family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful............just beautiful..........
you should write a book, in fact i might print it and glue it in my book so i always have it to remember..............

workinprogress said...

thanks, kate.
I haven't written anything without the words "ridiculous", "Hilarious",
"poop" or "very" in a long time. I liked the post. Then I remembered that I hadn't written anything like that in a while, so I probably subconciously stole the whole thing from a message Dave or Joe gave.